Your experience begins with a Central Wagga location pickup followed by a 90 minute drive to our start location at the Blowering Dam wall on the Tumut River. Once we arrive, there will be a short discussion on the format for the day including lunch breaks, distance expected to kayak, and expected weather conditions. You are then kitted up with all your gear before the all important safety briefing and instruction. After a safety brief, it’s time to hit the river and embark on your journey through some of the most scenic sections of the Tumut River. On the first flat-water section of the river you will learn how to steer the kayaks. This prepares you for the rapids that lie ahead…… If you’re looking for a fun outdoor activity that will get your heart racing, you’re in the right place!! During the day there is the possibility of seeing a range of wildlife on the river banks including Kangaroo’s, wallabies, echidna or a Koala. Sometimes we have even seen wildlife in the river including platypus and there are always many water birds.
This trip is for the more adventurous and experienced paddler as we can cover up to 35km on the water!
Fitness and Experience
- Kayaking experience required
- Maximum weight is 120kg
- Participants must be able to swim at least 20 metres
- You will be required to carry the kayak a short distance from the vehicle to the river
- If you have any medical conditions or dietary requirements that may be relevant please inform the staff at In Motion Fitness and your guides prior to the trip
(Medium level of fitness required)
Here’s what the tour includes:
- Tour departs and returns to a central Wagga location.
- Transportation to and from Tumut.
- Learn how to kayak by your friendly and professional tour guide.
- Soak up the lush native bushland surrounding the Tumut River at the foot of the Snowy Mountains.
- Plenty of stops to stretch the legs and have a drink.
- Lunch and refreshments provided at a riverside location.
- Action photos taken on the day will be sent to you.
*Start times vary, please call 0429 952 140 to confirm start time.
- Maximum Group Size: 10ppl
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- COST: $240pp